Hawaii Island’s two most active volcanoes are Kilauea, continuously erupting since 1983, and Mauna Loa, which has not erupted since 1984 but has been restless in the past few years. The ...Read more
Classic Rock News
- Rock Star Statues March 1, 2017In the old days, the only statues you'd see were dedicated to explorers, politicians and war heroes. But times have changed. Continue reading…
- Deep Purple Confirm Release Date and Track Listing for New Album, 'inFinite' March 1, 2017Deep Purple have confirmed the release date for their new album and unveiled the track listing. Continue reading…
- Ace Frehley, Corrosion of Conformity and Melvins Slated for 2017 Psycho Las Vegas Festival March 1, 2017Ace Frehley, Corrosion of Conformity, Diamond Head and Gojira have been added to this year's Psycho Las Vegas lineup. Continue reading…
- Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain' Gets an Even Bigger Spotlight in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Trailer March 1, 2017Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" has a starring role in the new 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer. Continue reading…
- 30 Years Ago: Night Ranger Struggle to Maintain Momentum With 'Big Life' March 1, 2017Changing musical trends are eventually the enemy of any successful band, and as the '80s wore on, a number of radio-friendly rock bands saw their sales start to slow. Continue reading…
- Jewish center bomb threats top 100; kids pulled from schools as fears spreadThey're supposed to be pillars of unity and peace, where both Jews and non-Jews can enjoy classes, sports and other communal activities.
- Trump: We stand united against hatePresident Donald Trump addressed recent threats of violence and vandalism against the Jewish community, and stressed the importance of unity and strength.
- Trump: Threats may have been committed 'to make others look bad'President Donald Trump confused many in a meeting Tuesday with state attorneys general when he suggested that recent threats made against the Jewish community might have been committed "to make others look bad" and that in terms of the threats, "the reverse can be true."
- Hate groups spiked in 2016Across the country, flyers are showing up on college campuses.
- Pence: Anti-Semitism has no place in USVice President Mike Pence delivered an ode to the Republican Jewish establishment that once was deeply skeptical of his boss.
Island Issues on Demand
Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald was here on the island several weeks ago, and he and host Sherry Bracken talked about the responsibilities of the judges, the pros and cons of electing judges, how ...Read more
Hawaii State Judiciary, Part 1, with Assoc. Justice Sabrina McKenna and Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald
In Part 1, we rebroadcast a talk story with Associate Justice Sabrina McKenna, recorded in 2011. We get the court basics and have the wonderful experience of learning more about her and a ...Read more