Island Issues host Sherry Bracken spoke with Hawaii County Mayor Harry Kim at his Hilo office about his health, climate change, building roads in Puna, zoning, and more! This online version is longer than what […]
Classic Rock News
- Is the Hall of Fame Staging a New British Invasion? December 14, 2018Five out of seven inductees for 2019 are U.K. artists. Continue reading…
- Superman Movies Ranked Worst to Best December 14, 2018Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. But which Superman movies leap over the others? Continue reading…
- Albums We're Expecting in 2019 December 14, 2018It's early yet, but 2019 is already shaping up to be an intriguing year for rock fans. Continue reading…
- Cure Albums Ranked Worst to Best December 14, 2018Gloomy, gothy, punky, poppy – this multidimensional band's albums are among the best of the era. Continue reading…
- (Don't) Listen to Pitbull's Take on Toto's 'Africa' December 14, 2018The rapper's shark-jumping “Ocean to Ocean” might be the worst version of all time. Continue reading…
- Bomb threats emailed to multiple locations across the countryDozens of businesses and institutions across the United States and Canada received email threats Thursday afternoon, prompting evacuations and sweeps of buildings.
- Springfield Police to launch review of destroyed rape kits following CNN investigationThe police chief in Springfield, Missouri, on Thursday told a rape victim advocacy group that the department will review sex crimes cases in which the agency destroyed rape kits.
- North Carolina's election fraud scandal has both parties planning for another campaignRepublican and Democratic officials in North Carolina are beginning to maneuver for position in anticipation of a fierce and protracted second campaign in the state's scandal-ridden 9th Congressional District.
- Slain teen 'might be alive' if authorities hadn't overlooked evidence, prosecutor saysThe kidnapping and killing of 13-year-old Hania Aguilar may have been prevented if authorities had properly handled DNA evidence from a separate case last year, a North Carolina prosecutor said.
- They went into an abandoned mine to steal copper, police say. They got trapped.A group of West Virginians rescued after being trapped for days in an abandoned mine are suspected of entering the mine to steal copper, authorities said Thursday.
Island Issues on Demand
Miracle at Sea: Pilot Sydnie Uemoto and mom Andrina Uemoto–what did the family know, and what was the rescue like
This is probably the MOST compelling Island Issues ever–the story of the rescue of downed pilots Sydnie Uemoto and David McMahon after 20 hours in the ocean off the Kona Coast–jellyfish, sharks, exhaustion, hypothermia–and what […]
In July, 2016, pilots Sydnie Uemoto, then 22, (born and raised in Kona) and David McMahon, then 26, were flying from O’ahu to Kona when their plane had complete engine failure. Sydnie landed in 4 […]