Hawaii Island’s two most active volcanoes are Kilauea, continuously erupting since 1983, and Mauna Loa, which has not erupted since 1984 but has been restless in the past few years. The ...Read more
Classic Rock News
- Gov't Mule Announce Spring 2017 Tour February 27, 2017Gov't Mule have announced some new tour dates for spring 2017. Continue reading…
- Elton John Hosts 25th Annual Academy Awards Viewing Party Fundraiser February 27, 2017There's no shortage of viewing parties on Oscar night, but Elton John's hosted the night's preeminent event for years. Continue reading…
- 40 Years Ago: Revisiting Keith Richards' Infamous Heroin Bust February 27, 2017Keith Richards has made a lifelong habit of flirting with disaster and coming out on the winning end, but he's had a few close calls along the way. Continue reading…
- 30 Years Ago: The Beatles' First CDs Arrive in Stores February 26, 2017A year-long campaign to issue the Beatles' records on compact disc began when their first four British albums were re-released on Feb. 26, 1987. Continue reading…
- Memorial Park Dedicated to the Victims of the Great White Concert Fire to Open February 26, 2017Fourteen years after 100 people were killed at a Great White concert, a park dedicated to their memory is set to open. Continue reading…
- He'd risk everything to protect undocumented familiesA hammer pounds away in the living room of a middle class home. A sanding machine smoothes the grain of the wood floor in the dining room.
- Underground network ready to hide immigrantsAn underground network of homes named the Rapid Response Team is ready to provide refuge to people who may be sought by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement. CNN's Kyung Lah reports.
- Schools take steps to shield studentsChicago Public Schools say they will deny federal immigration agents access to district buildings and personnel unless served with a criminal warrant, the latest in a series of steps taken by US school officials to protect undocumented students.
- Once-undocumented congressman speaks outDecades before being elected to Congress, Rep. Adriano Espaillat arrived in America as a young boy before becoming an undocumented immigrant from the Dominican Republic.
- Why this church opened its doors to an undocumented momEddy Carroll manned the phones Thursday at the First Unitarian church in Denver.
Island Issues on Demand
Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald was here on the island several weeks ago, and he and host Sherry Bracken talked about the responsibilities of the judges, the pros and cons of electing judges, how ...Read more
Hawaii State Judiciary, Part 1, with Assoc. Justice Sabrina McKenna and Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald
In Part 1, we rebroadcast a talk story with Associate Justice Sabrina McKenna, recorded in 2011. We get the court basics and have the wonderful experience of learning more about her and a ...Read more