Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald was here on the island several weeks ago, and he and host Sherry Bracken talked about the responsibilities of the judges, the pros and cons of electing judges, how ...Read more
Classic Rock News
- Eddie Van Halen Has Donated 75 of His Guitars to Public Schools February 22, 2017Eddie Van Halen's passion for music began as a child, and he's working to make sure future generations have the same opportunity. Continue reading…
- Stone Temple Pilots Made Chester Bennington's Kids Cry February 22, 2017Chester Bennington has revealed that he left Stone Temple Pilots because his involvement with the band was upsetting his kids. Continue reading…
- David Bowie's Hometown Could Erect a Giant Lightning Bolt in His Honor February 22, 2017If a recently launched crowdfunding campaign is successful, David Bowie's hometown will greet millions of visitors a year with a 30-foot lightning bolt paying tribute to his life and legacy. Continue reading…
- Grace Slick Explains Her Decision to License a Starship Hit to Chick-Fil-A February 22, 2017Grace Slick's lifelong dedication to progressive politics doesn't jibe with the conservative causes funded by the company that owns Chick-Fil-A. Continue reading…
- Angel's Punky Meadows Announces Tour Dates February 22, 2017Of all the "should have been huge" bands of the '70s, Angel were near the top of that list. Continue reading…
- Trump calls recent anti-Semitic incidents 'horrible'
- Santorum: Anti-Semitic acts coming from MuslimsFormer senator Rick Santorum and former New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn debate why President Donald Trump hasn't condemned anti-Semitic acts in the US.
- More bomb threats target Jewish Community CentersSamantha Taylor was at Orlando's Jewish Community Center for a morning meeting when she heard reports of a bomb threat crackle from the director's walkie-talkie.
- Vandals damage 100 headstones at Jewish cemetery, police sayTensions remain high in Jewish communities across the United States as police in Missouri are investigating vandalism over the past week at a historic Jewish cemetery.
- These are the new symbols of hateAs hate enters the mainstream, its lexicon is both evolving and enduring. This is how people hide them in plain sight.
Island Issues on Demand
Hawaii State Judiciary, Part 1, with Assoc. Justice Sabrina McKenna and Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald
In Part 1, we rebroadcast a talk story with Associate Justice Sabrina McKenna, recorded in 2011. We get the court basics and have the wonderful experience of learning more about her and a ...Read more
Retired Navy Rear Admiral David Titley retired from the Navy after 3 decades, with his area of expertise being climate change, meteorology, and navigation. He now consults at the federal level on ...Read more