This past week, US President Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jung Un held their summit in Singapore. That brought to mind an interview we aired in November, 2016 with Dr. Nigel, the director of […]
Classic Rock News
- 'Minor Health Issue' Ends Monkees' Duo Tour Four Nights Early June 21, 2018The final four dates of the Michael Nesmith / Micky Dolenz tour have been postponed due to a "minor health issue.' Continue reading…
- 30 Years Ago: Steve Winwood Rolls With Being an Entertainer on 'Roll With It' June 21, 2018Musician? Entertainer? Steve Winwood strikes a balance on his only No. 1 album. Continue reading…
- Liam Gallagher Selling London Penthouse for $4.3 Million June 21, 2018The Oasis singer credits the apartment with helping him write the 'As You Were' LP. Continue reading…
- Led Zeppelin Add Four Tracks to Massive 'The Song Remains the Same' Box Set June 21, 2018Previously unreleased songs highlight a tricked-out, expanded edition of the band's 1976 live album. Continue reading…
- Trent Reznor Slams 'Taylor Swifts' Who Keep Politics Out of Their Music June 21, 2018Nine Inch Nails leader says artists have a responsibility to “call out whatever needs to be called out.” Continue reading…
- Charlottesville rally organizer requests permit for 'white civil rights rally' in WashingtonThe organizer of the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year has applied for a permit to hold a "white civil rights rally" in front of the White House in August.
- Report on Charlottesville rally faults police over planning, failure to protect publicAn independent review of the circumstances surrounding an August rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that led to a woman's death found police were unprepared and failed to protect the public.
- Marine court-martialed for participation in violent Charlottesville rallyA US Marine has been convicted in a court-martial and will be discharged for participating in a violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year.
- Charlottesville witness suing Alex JonesBrennan Gilmore, joined by his lawyer Andrew Mendrala, tells Brian Stelter why he is suing Infowars and Alex Jones for peddling a conspiracy theory about him.
- Senators call on National Science Foundation to investigate climate change grantsFour Republican senators have called on National Science Foundation Inspector General Allison Lerner to investigate the foundation's grant-making process, citing a grant charged with enabling television meteorologists to provide viewers with climate change education.
Island Issues on Demand
Lava Stories: Tina Neal, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory; Kilauea Lodge’s Lorna Jeyte and Janet Coney, plus Emily Catey Wise from Volcano Art Center
The lava eruption continues in the Lower East Rift Zone of Hawaii Island, and the summit continues to have periodic (every 24-48 hours) eruptions of gas, ash, and steam. We find out from Hawaiian Volcano […]
Lava stories: Hawaii County Prosecutor, Hawaii County Civil Defense, and Susie Osborne–head of school for Kua O Ka La Public Charter School
The lava flow in the East Rift Zone of Kilauea Volcano, on the Big Island of Hawaii in the Puna District at the southeast part of the island, continues. We talk with Mitch Roth about […]