Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald was here on the island several weeks ago, and he and host Sherry Bracken talked about the responsibilities of the judges, the pros and cons of electing judges, how ...Read more
Classic Rock News
- 45 Years Ago: Paul McCartney Releases the Controversial 'Give Ireland Back to the Irish' February 19, 2017In 1972 Paul McCartney released “Give Ireland Back to the Irish.” It seemed to be an act of honesty… was there more to it? Continue reading…
- James Brown Drummer Clyde Stubblefield Dies February 18, 2017Clyde Stubblefield, who played on many of James Brown's most important records, has died at 74. Continue reading…
- Cruise to the Edge 2017: Yes Revamp 'Drama,' Honor John Wetton February 18, 2017The spirit of John Wetton hovered over this year's installment of Yes' Cruise to the Edge. Continue reading…
- Steven Adler Answers Every Imaginable Question About His Role in the Guns N' Roses Reunion February 18, 2017The band's original drummer explains how he got booted from the Guns N' Roses reunion tour. Continue reading…
- 30 Years Ago: Lou Gramm Goes Solo With 'Ready or Not' February 18, 2017Lou Gramm had a major hit on his first solo record with "Midnight Blue," but Foreigner quickly beckoned him back. Continue reading…
- Deadly storms pound Southern CaliforniaHeavy rains slammed Southern California on Friday, killing two people, downing power lines and leaving cars submerged on the streets.
- Torrential downpours flooding streetsTorrential downpours were inundating Southern California, flooding streets and prompting water rescues. Officials said at least two people had died in the storm.
- Damage across the regionSevere storms hit Southern California, causing flooding and blackouts across the region.
- Opinion: Oroville is the best warning that infrastructure mattersAt Oroville Dam in California this week, a major disaster was only one bout of heavy rains away. Luckily, the quick response of civil servants has averted a crisis, and with the water level at Lake Oroville dropping, authorities lifted the mandatory evacuation order and the nearly 200,000 evacuees made their way home.
- Pentagon officials: Russian actions a 'test of the new administration'Some Pentagon officials believe Russia is testing President Donald Trump with aggressive moves across the globe.
Island Issues on Demand
Hawaii State Judiciary, Part 1, with Assoc. Justice Sabrina McKenna and Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald
In Part 1, we rebroadcast a talk story with Associate Justice Sabrina McKenna, recorded in 2011. We get the court basics and have the wonderful experience of learning more about her and a ...Read more
Retired Navy Rear Admiral David Titley retired from the Navy after 3 decades, with his area of expertise being climate change, meteorology, and navigation. He now consults at the federal level on ...Read more