Dr. Drew Harvell is a professor at Cornell University, studying marine health, and also working with the Kohala Center here on the island. She’s studied corals and marine life including here off our island. In […]
Classic Rock News
- 20 Busy Years: What Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden Have Done Since Reuniting February 20, 2019The band and its singer haven't sat still since they all got back together in February 1999. Continue reading…
- Linda Ronstadt Admits She Wasn't Ready for Early Stint With Neil Young: Exclusive Interview February 20, 2019She initially gained national exposure while singing backup on "Heart of Gold," the chart-topping single from 1972's 'Harvest.' Continue reading…
- Lou Gramm Teases New Foreigner Music, Dreams of Vegas Residency February 20, 2019Singer also preparing for musical based on band's songs. Continue reading…
- Watch the Doors' Robby Krieger Play His Favorite Guitar Riffs February 20, 2019The guitarist also talks about the rock 'n' roll pioneers who influenced him. Continue reading…
- John Mayall Collaboration Brings Rush's Alex Lifeson Full Circle February 20, 2019They've joined together on a cover of "Evil and Here to Stay," from the legendary British bluesman's new album. Continue reading…
- For nearly 2 decades, Grand Canyon tourists were exposed to radiation beyond the federal limitUranium ore stored at the Grand Canyon National Park museum may have exposed visitors and workers to elevated levels of radiation, according to the park's safety, health and wellness manager.
- Federal offices and schools shut down as bitter chill sweeps across the countryYou know it's bad when Minnesotans can't make it to school.
- WV teachers scored on Day 1 of their strike, but they're back on the picket linesJust hours after West Virginia teachers went on strike, lawmakers slammed the brakes on the contentious bill that had educators fuming.
- Martina Navratilova dropped by LGBT groupAn LGBT group has cut ties with tennis great Martina Navratilova after she said it was a form of "cheating" for transgender women to be allowed to compete in women's sport.
- 'Firefall' is back and glowing at Yosemite National ParkThe natural phenomenon that makes it appear that lava is flowing over a cliff at Yosemite National Park is back, but only for a few days.
Island Issues on Demand
Island Issues host Sherry Bracken talked with Jessica Dempsey, Deputy Director of the East Asian Observatory on Hawaii Island, and Mailani Neal, a Kona born-and-raised girl now a senior getting her physics degree at Rensselaer […]
Trash Talk, Part 2 with Bill Kucharski, Hawaii County Dept of Environmental Mgmt, and George Hayducksko, Recycling Coordinator
In Part 1 (aired Jan. 27, 2019), we talked with Hawaii County Dept. of Environmental Management chief Bill Kucharski and County Recycling Coordinator George Hayducksko about the Hilo and Pu’uanahulu landfills, some other garbage issues, […]