Dr. Drew Harvell is a professor at Cornell University, studying marine health, and also working with the Kohala Center here on the island. She’s studied corals and marine life including here off our island. In […]
Classic Rock News
- Peter Tork of the Monkees Dies at 77 February 21, 2019He was diagnosed with a rare cancer of the tongue in 2009. Continue reading…
- Motley Crue Share Clip of New 'The Dirt' Song February 21, 2019A minute-long clip from the first of the four new songs Motley Crue have recorded for 'The Dirt' has arrived. Continue reading…
- Elton John's 'Rocketman' Tralier: A Scene-by-Scene Breakdown February 21, 2019Video reveals some pivotal moments in legend's life. Continue reading…
- Listen to Luke and the Apostles' 'Not Far Off' From 'Brown Acid – The Eighth Trip': Premiere February 21, 2019Exclusive premiere of a song found on the latest volume in series of rare '60s and '70s hard rock. Continue reading…
- Vivian Campbell Says 'Good Is Never Good Enough' for Def Leppard February 21, 2019Guitarist explains why “thoroughly unique” veterans continually reinvent their stage show. Continue reading…
- For nearly 2 decades, Grand Canyon tourists were exposed to radiation beyond the federal limitUranium ore stored at the Grand Canyon National Park museum may have exposed visitors and workers to elevated levels of radiation, according to the park's safety, health and wellness manager.
- Federal offices and schools shut down as bitter chill sweeps across the countryYou know it's bad when Minnesotans can't make it to school.
- WV teachers scored on Day 1 of their strike, but they're back on the picket linesJust hours after West Virginia teachers went on strike, lawmakers slammed the brakes on the contentious bill that had educators fuming.
- Martina Navratilova dropped by LGBT groupAn LGBT group has cut ties with tennis great Martina Navratilova after she said it was a form of "cheating" for transgender women to be allowed to compete in women's sport.
- 'Firefall' is back and glowing at Yosemite National ParkThe natural phenomenon that makes it appear that lava is flowing over a cliff at Yosemite National Park is back, but only for a few days.
Island Issues on Demand
Island Issues host Sherry Bracken talked with Jessica Dempsey, Deputy Director of the East Asian Observatory on Hawaii Island, and Mailani Neal, a Kona born-and-raised girl now a senior getting her physics degree at Rensselaer […]
Trash Talk, Part 2 with Bill Kucharski, Hawaii County Dept of Environmental Mgmt, and George Hayducksko, Recycling Coordinator
In Part 1 (aired Jan. 27, 2019), we talked with Hawaii County Dept. of Environmental Management chief Bill Kucharski and County Recycling Coordinator George Hayducksko about the Hilo and Pu’uanahulu landfills, some other garbage issues, […]